Scott L Leonard is a native Lamesan, having graduated as Valedictorian from Lamesa High School in 1981. Scott became a Red Raider and graduated Summa Cum Laude from Texas Tech University in 1984. After a two-year stint with a “Big Eight” accounting firm, Scott returned to Lamesa to join the federal tax firm. Scott’s practice is primarily taxation, including estate and gift and business planning. He also serves as the firm’s technology partner and is a QuickBooks Certified ProAdvisor. Scott has chosen to serve many charitable and civic groups throughout his career. He currently serves as:
- President of Lamesa Economic Development Corporation
- President of Lamesa Boys & Girls Club Inc
- President of Northridge Retirement Center
- Secretary-Treasurer for Lamesa Kiwanis Club
- Chairman of the Boys & Girls Club Lake revitalization committee
Scott was fortunate to marry Stacy Swearingen in 1984. Scott and Stacy have three children, Meghan, Taylor and Caitlin.
The fly-fishing bug hit Scott in the early ‘90s and he enjoys fishing small streams in Colorado and loves to camp with family and friends.